Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta claims he’s made a full recovery from COVID-19.
The 37-year old was one of the first footballing figures in the UK to test positive for coronavirus, and he announced his diagnosis on March 12.
“Everything happened very fast. On Tuesday afternoon I was feeling so-so and I went to see the doctor but he wasn’t there. I got a call from the board of directors after training while I was in my car and they told me that the president of Olympiakos had tested positive and everyone that had been in contact was at risk. I went on to tell them that I wasn’t feeling well and that we had a situation because we had lots of players that had been in contact with them [Olympiakos]. We had a game against Manchester City the next day and obviously we couldn’t put lots of people at risk without saying anything. I had the test done last Wednesday and I was diagnosed on Friday, when we had to communicate it to the Premier League that I had tested positive. Obviously all those that had been in contact with me had to go into quarantine, and consequently, games had to be suspended.”Arteta told La Sexta.